Aberdeenshire Health and Social Care Partnership:
Chair: Adam Coldwells, Chief Officer, Aberdeenshire Health and Social Care Partnership
Lead Officer: Bill Stokoe, Strategic Development Officer (Community Care), Aberdeenshire Council
Partners: Aberdeenshire Council, NHS Grampian, Aberdeenshire Voluntary Action, Alzheimer Scotland, Scottish Care
Purpose: To enable older people to achieve the vision set out in the Health and Social Care Strategy and Joint Commissioning Strategy for Older People 2013-2023 (“Ageing Well in Aberdeenshire”) by enabling older people to sustain and improve their health and wellbeing, manage their long-term condition(s), cope with disability and to live as independently as possible.
More information on Health and Social Care Integration in Aberdeenshire can be found at: http://www.nhsgrampian.co.uk/nhsgrampian/gra_display_simple_index.jsp?pContentID=9376&p_applic=CCC&p_service=Content.show&
Some of the key actions being progressed under this outcome include:
- The creation of Community Support Networks to reduce social isolation
- Supporting carers to ensure they are able to continue to care by offering access to flexible support
- Providing support and guidance on how to make better and healthier life choices, including community pathways for those at risk of falls
- Supporting housing to deliver housing priorities for older people, including sheltered and very sheltered housing
- Sustaining and developing mechanisms for older people and informal carers to be engaged with and consulted on access to and planning of health and social care services, e.g. Your Voice forums.